Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 80: What's that they say about some have leadership thrust upon them?

Oh wait, no... that's greatness.

Some are born great, some become great and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Lesson 76: Word substitution is a good way to come up with lessons.

Lesson 77: Some are born leaders, some become leaders and some have leadership thrust upon them.

I really felt like that last option today in class. Our professor has a few groups presenting each day and wants each one to have a class activity or discussion (I get the impression that she'd prefer activity). Today, one group's activity was a debate.

I love the rules of good debate, I like concocting debate, but I cannot stand being the one who actually has to speak.

Yet, by virtue of everyone else being more willing to stay silent longer than me, I wound up being the one trying to direct our group's discussion in order to concoct our argument. And I was very nearly roped into being one of the debaters too, but luckily that was one trap I managed to sidestep.

Sometimes just sitting closest to the front and being the least silent are all the traits you need to be a leader.

Maybe I should work that into my paper on leadership that I have to hand in tomorrow... Along with that article on the managerial mistakes made by the Galactic Empire....


No comments:

Post a Comment