Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 81: Existential phooey

Sometimes I have an odd form of existential crisis when I realize there are so many things I'd like to do but a combination of mutual exclusivity and lack of time in a single lifetime make it so they can't all be possible.

Other times, I'll have a libraristential crisis when I realize there is so much knowledge I want to gain (ie/all of it) and there's no way I possibly can.

Today, these things didn't seem to be all bad...

Lesson 78: You can't do everything all the time. And sometimes, that's a good thing.

I had a grand plan for today where I'd go to class, my job interview, hand in my assignments, eat and get to the bus in time, without using any transportation except my free-to-use feet.

Only some of these things actually happened. I managed the job interview, one assignment and a quick stop at Timmies before ultimately getting to my bus early... but only thanks to one friendly cabbie, and one rather nasty surly cabbie.

The job interview went perfectly, if you ignore my dry-mouthed failure at the spoken French portion, and my group-mates wound up handing in our assignment so I didn't need to go do it myself or make it to class.

And now I can breathe again. It's time to go home for break! And see Jon! And go to SnowMoot! And dance! And play clothesline! And do a polar bear dip!

EXCITEMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment