Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 44: The age of not.... procrastinating

Anyone who gets where my mind went in that title is either awesome, or just watches way too many old children's movies. On the other hand, Angela Lansbury is fantastic!

Yesterday, I got a lot of marks back, and was surprised to find just how well I did... B+ on that midterm of fail that I was only sure about 50% of the answers on; A on the database that exploded on us the night before it was due.

I can live with results like that!

And the midterm this morning in cataloguing wasn't nightmarish at all!

What a good lead-up to the World Cup! Lets hope this kind of good luck carries over to my team's chances of winning!

But anyways, today's lesson is rather personal again. A know thyself kind of tidbit...

Lesson 43: Group work is the best way to keep me from procrastinating.

Group work will not stop me from procrastinating, but because it requires more structured advanced due dates that hold me accountable to someone other than myself, I do get things done in advance in a way I don't when I work alone. I suppose the trick is that I'm at risk of disappointing others, whereas when I set due dates for myself, I'm the only one I disappoint. And I do that enough as it is, so it doesn't really matter.

I just need to come up with a way to get that to carry over to non-group work...

No comments:

Post a Comment