Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 52: Cream Soda and American Internet

I was going to write about how frustrated I am about how US-centric a ridiculous proportion of the internet is... but I feel like being frivolous today, so that's a lesson for another day.

Lesson 50: "Acquaintance softens prejudices." -Aesop's Fables

Since I've been living in Montreal, I've been disquieted by the fact that Crush cream soda is not pink here. Crush is pink back home, and I've never liked any clear cream sodas. Logically, I knew there probably wasn't any difference between the colours of Crush soda, but I still just didn't like it.

This weekend, Crush was on sale at Pharmaprix and we needed a bunch of it for our pre-Yule Ball Butterbeer tasting, which turned out absolutely delicious.

And now, I find I don't mind the clear Crush.

Now if anyone reading this will be in Montreal this Saturday, you should come to the Quidditch Team's Yule Ball! It's only 5$ and is going to be fantastic fun!


I have a bunch of tickets to sell, so if you want to come I can totally hook you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment